From November 27th 2014 to January 31st, 2016, the BMW Museum presents the new temporary exhibition about the world's favorite car brand MINI. Visitors will find more than 30 fascinating original vehicles, precious small exhibits and lots of information and background stories.
As its highlight, MINI presents the interactive exhibit MINI Connected at the 5th floor of the museum. Here visitors can venture an exciting hyperlapse ride through international cities in the new MINI Cooper S.
To realise the exhibit, BMW trusted three strong companies from Bavaria. The Munich-based agency for brand space & design MARY-e GmbH
was responsible for the idea, the design and construction of the exhibit. Fritz Stoiber Productions GmbH
created all animated and filmed content. We, the at² GmbH from Nuremberg
, developed the software solution to guarantee the smooth running of the exhibit and all its interactions.
The sophisticated software structure behind the exhibit was developed to especially fit the various components and requirements:
In less than five weeks
- Terminals with touch input
- Motion sensor
- Video projection with picture-in-picture display
- Automated door unlock and seat belt sensor
- Live composition of camera recording and video content for a personal adventure movie
- Access to social networks for sharing the adventure movie at the terminal on site
- Static construction in the BMW Museum in Munich
- Mobile construction on tour around the world (e.g. in Detroit, Geneva, Istanbul and more)
the exhibit was fully implemented - up and ready for the grand opening of "The MINI Story" to cause enthusiasm among the invited guests.